Thursday, August 30, 2012

One Year in The Netherlands

I was on Whatsapp with my mother today after I wished her Happy Birthday.
I'm glad they had a special dinner together to celebrate this special day.
She reminded me about my first year anniversary in The Netherlands later on.
To tell you the truth, I have really forgotten about it.
Indeed, the same day last year. I was saying goodbye to my family in KLIA.
After hugs and kisses, I walked alone towards the departure hall with my luggage and phone.
I texted and talk to some friends and left with their warm wishes.
To be honest, I did felt scared when I finally realized that I'm going to be on my own.
No one will be there to guide me in a foreign country which is 10103.57km away.
But after being here for a year, Netherlands isn't that strange to me anymore.
I have been through all four seasons and I think I like summer the best.
Cooler days are coming ahead but I'll be prepared for it.
All and all, I have adopted a new lifestyle that is good enough for me.
I do miss home and they do me miss.

Anyway, my mum asked me if I will celebrate the day.
Since she reminded me, I've decided to make something delicious for myself.

Stuffed Paprika

1 comment: